Translate

Friday 18 October 2013

Day 61 ..blazing sun and dodging bullets!

Had a great walk from Onesse however while walking through the forest there were hunters out hunting and there were lots of shots going off, I  just kept my head down and marched as quick as I could - quite unnerving ...  Arrived in Lesperon midday and enjoyed my lunch on the village green - what a lovely wee place.  After my break, continued to walk on a quiet road throughout the forest to Taller  and arrived about 3 this afternoon in my destination for the day - a clean and comfortable place in Gite du Pelerins.   I have everything I need here - really good place and  I made my tea.  I started rereading George Orwell's 1984, so watch out - Big Brother is watching..  I walked another 17 miles today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Frank,

    1984 is a brilliant book, other Orwell books you may want to try is the "road to wigan pier" - "Down and out in Paris and London" - " Homage to Catolonia". There are a great deal more but I think these are best. So how far are you from St Jean Pierre de Port???

    ReplyDelete