Translate

Thursday 26 September 2013

Day 39....250 miles into France - bon marche!

My rucksack is a bit lighter now, I left my tent with the Bouroux children, it was getting almost impossible to camp, all the sites are closed so I hope my good fortune will continue and I will find a bed for the night. I left Jean Pierre's about 7.30 this morning. Walked first to Fegreac and then along the canal to Guenrouet.  Used my new gas stove today and made soup and ate bread for lunch.  I had to give up the wood burning stove as I couldn't find dry wood to burn, which was a shame as I really enjoyed the wee stove.  I had a phone number for a gite in Blain, but it was closed so I am in a hotel - nothing fancy but more than I should be spending but I couldn't get anything else.  I really enjoyed walking along the canal and was lucky enough to see otters.  I've walked 26 miles today and hope to get to Nantes tomorrow, another 30 miles.  I'm feeling really strong and fit and the walking is no problem to me, only one toe giving me problems and I reckon that nail will come in the next day or so, and then it will feel more comfortable.  I was a bit concerned  when I was camping so much about the condensation in the tent was affecting my chest - anyway I feel fit and well -  Bon Marche!

4 comments:

  1. Proud of you brother, Jawahula !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26 miles and 30 miles that puts the distances we did along the Camino to shame bloody well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Henry, it's not easy - but I am determined to keep walking! Thanks for the donation, very much appreciated.

      Delete