Translate

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Day 87 ...about 70 miles to go

Got walking about 7.30 this morning and left Alto de Poyo while it was still dark and foggy.  Had a great walk down the mountain and then the sun came out.  Stopped at a bar for  coffee and then stopped again for lunch - another spanish tortilla, it's ok but I'm looking forward to getting hame for some good scottish mince n tatties - can't beat it. Yum.
 
We seem to walk about the same distances everyday now about 25 miles and arrived in Sarria at 4.30.  Met up with my pal from Switzerland, Benno, our paths keep crossing now for the last two weeks.  Plan to get to Santiago by Sunday, I've checked in my flight.  Bonnie Scotland here I come.

Todays song is in memory of Davy McGarry 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Frank,

    You really are getting increadibly close, so close you must almost be able to touch the Spire of Santiago. I tried to send you a post via my mobile phone but I do not think it was send. I am not to sure if anyone has told you of this but when you go to pick up your Compestela make sure you say you did the walk for religious reasons or other wise they give you a crap certiificate.. The religious one is so much better. So when you get there are you going to treat yourself to a really nice hotel..the one in the square is lovely but does cost 160 Euros per night - apparently it is one of the best ones in Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good yin man thinkin aboot brother Davy,some guy ! Jawahula man,see yae soon!

    ReplyDelete