Translate

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Day 44 ...Lost in France

Had a quiet night in hotel and went to tourist information first thing this morning.  They gave me photocopies of the Chemin (french Camino) and I felt confident that I was on the right track but guess what  - after I had been walking in the wrong direction for 2 hours, so ******* frustrating.  It really isn't easy to follow,  the paths are so confusing as I think they are mixed up with local tracks etc and really don't go anywhere.  Ended up at Boussay so I had to walk along busy roads again to get back in the right direction to Montaigu.   I expected to be meeting other walkers by now, but it is just not happening.   I walked about 19 miles today, it was 21c and was going to sleep out tonight but it is now very heavy rain and have had to book into another hotel in Montaigu.
My pal from Ireland, Stephen Diver, great guy, is now walking the  Spanish camino and I wish him well.  Good folk I have met on my way have been donating on Just Giving on my link. At least  this makes me feel a bit better and reminds me why I am here, thanks I really appreciate and it is encouraging. Today's song for me is............LOST HIGHWAY by Hank Williams.........how apt!
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Lee, I intend to....even if it kills me!

      Delete
  2. Hello Frank,
    I was chatting to my sister Mary Diver (who also regularly walks the camino) and her friend Rhona on thephone last night and she told me of your walk and that you might be glad to hear from a fellow Scottish biker in France. My wife Sonia and I moved to near Limoges in Limousin (south, central France) just 6 weeks ago from Kent. Mary suggested that perhaps you might like to hook up for a beer or two - and me, being always up for a good ride and a couple of bevvies, thought she may have the truth of it! However, as always, nothong is ever that easy. We are going to Brittany for a training course from this Sunday for a week, so, depending on your route and your progress, perhaps it can wait till I get back. Nobtheless, I admire your strengh of purpose and your committment and wish you good weather, good company and bon chance. Cheers! Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Eddie, I would love to meet you - if it meant hanging back for a day to meet you somewhere I would. Let me know if it's possible, you can see from my blog where I am - you might know better than I do! It has been a long walk in France and at times I feel I just have been going in circles - anyway great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete