Translate

Saturday 16 November 2013

Day 90....I've done it - yeehaw!

I left Azura this morning at 8, most of the others had already got up in the middle of the night and left at 3 am.  I had a great rest, best sleep I've had for weeks. There was a little light rain, but then the sun came through and I enjoyed walking through the woods and the villages.  I walked for 8 hours and arrived at Santiago de Compostela - a final 26 miles, another  marathon walk.  Walked to around the cathedral, but was asked to leave as I had my backpack on,not sure what I was might to do with it, it has all my belongings in it - but they don't allow backpacks in the cathedral.  I will get my certificate for completing the Camino tomorrow.

So that's it, I've done what I set out to do, I walked from Scotland to Spain - a final total of 1606 miles. Tonight in the albergue, I feel ancient amongst all these young travellers but the journey is now over for me.  I met loads of people from all over the world, I spoken to great characters, been shown lots of kindness - seen beautiful places but now I feel glad it is over, I am really looking forward to getting home.  

Thank you for all your support, and thank you for helping me raise money for Alzheimer's, there were times on the walk sometimes I wondered if I would make it, but I have. 

As my dad would say - Jawahula! 

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (with lyrics)     

11 comments:

  1. Well done brother,super proud of yae ! Auld Frank will be tae Jawahula! See ya soon in Bonnie Scotland !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Frank.Congratulations. Martin and Michellenfrom Jersey {met you in Nantes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Franck.
    Ormegris une nuit en sud-Vendée.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Done Frank, a wonderful achievement. Alan Dublin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fanastic Frank! You have done so well, I am looking forward to seeing you, but kind of worried how thin you are going to be…going to have to fatten you up a bit with a few big Tilly breakfasts! Anyway congratulations for enduring so much and you are an inspiration, I'm proud of you. Nora x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done a chara, some achievement, Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done big man, glad we met at Tyndrum before you went or would never have known, tam Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Frank a absolutely fantastic achievement and I think you did it just before the bad weather arrives. The only bad news is that it is supposed to get really cold over here in the UK so you might want to stay over there for just a little bit longer until we get through this cold snap...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Mr Frank Mcgarry, So proud of you mate.
    Congratulations from all of That Denny Mob.
    Stevie Macpherson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic!!!..well done Frank...not to many blisters i hope lol Big Stu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Frank, how's it going!? Well done on completing your big walk. Bet it was nice to wake up on your first morning back home and realise that you did it. Great Stuff! I'm in Mali now. Set off to Burkina Faso on Monday. I'm definitely in the real Africa now. Had a few back problems but there all easy as piss to fix out here. Well done again

    Take care,

    Liam

    www.liamandc90aroundtheworld.com

    ReplyDelete